- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
THEBES, Ill. -- Otis W. Monahan, 72, of Carbondale, Ill., formerly of Thebes, passed away Saturday, Jan. 14, 2012, at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale.
He was born Jan. 29, 1939, in Caddo Gap, Ark., son of Lee and Ruth Cook Monahan. He first married Carol Johnson of De Soto, Ill., mother of Becky and David. He then married Sandra Adams March 19, 1976, wife of 35 years.
Otis was a 1957 graduate of Thebes High School. He retired from Pennent-Johnstone Electrical Supply. He was a member and a former president of Carbondale Eagles Club. He was an avid outdoorsman and loved fishing and hunting.
Survivors include his wife, Sandra of Carbondale; mother, Ruth Monahan of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Becky Monahan of De Soto; a son, David Monahan of Carbondale; a grandson, Scott Lockart of De Soto; a brother, Jimmie (Marvalee) Monahan of Thebes; two sisters, Ernestine (Raymond) Weber of Dexter, Mo., and Deborah Monahan of Cape Girardeau; three brothers-in-law, Tommy Adams of Carbondale, Don Adams of Murphysboro, Ill., and James (JoAnne) Adams of Denton, Texas; two sisters-in-law, Carolyn Shaya of Bloomfield Hills, Mich., and Patricia (Bob) Richards of Colorado Springs, Colo.
He was preceded in death by his father, and a brother, Joel Monahan.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. today at Crain Pleasant Grove-Murdale Funeral Home in Murphysboro, Ill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bob Sabo and Dustin Easton officiating. Interment will be in Rose Hill Cemetery in Thebes.
Donations may be made to Apostolic Light House Church or St. Joseph's Cardiopulmonary Rehab Center. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, please visit www.crainsonline.com.