- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Charlotte Ann Surface, 67, of Chaffee died Sunday, Jan. 15, 2012, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Feb. 12, 1944, in Detroit, Mich., to the late Monroe Henry and Naomi Regina Compas Lauck. She married Roy Surface on Feb. 13, 1965.
She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church and Daughters of St. Ambrose in Chaffee, Eagles Auxiliary in Sikeston, Mo., and Ladies VFW Auxiliary 3127 in Chaffee.
Charlotte was a machine operator at Sports Specialty Shoe Factory, Thorngate Limited 20 years, and was a machine operator at Columbia Sportswear before retiring.
Survivors include her husband of the home; a son, Todd Surface of Chaffee; a sister, Jeannie (Darrell) Chapman of Chaffee; and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, Melissa Ann Lancaster.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. The rosary will be at 6 p.m.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. Ambrose Church, with the Rev. Randy Tochtrop and the Rev. Allan Saunders as co-celebrants.
Burial will be in St. Ambrose Cemetery.