- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Steve Jobs action figure pulled from market
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- The company that began advertising for an incredibly lifelike Steve Jobs doll won't sell the figurines after all because of pressure from family and Apple lawyers.
In Icons had planned to offer the 1-foot-tall, lifelike figure dressed in Jobs' trademark black mock turtleneck, rimless glasses and jeans.
But the San Jose Mercury News reports the company posted a statement on its website Sunday saying it had received "immense pressure" to drop the plan and made the decision out of its "heartfelt sensitivity to the feelings of the Jobs family."
The iconic Apple co-founder died Oct. 5 of complications from pancreatic cancer.
In Icons had intended to start shipping the doll in February. The company says pre-order money will be returned.