- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Margaret Ostendorf, 64, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Jan. 12, 2012, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Jan. 31, 1947, in Cape Girardeau, to Albert John and Olivia Mary Heisserer Ostendorf.
Margaret was a graduate of Notre Dame High School and received a master's degree in education from Southeast Missouri State University. She was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral and the church choir.
She had been a graphic ad designer at the Southeast Missourian since 1978. She formerly taught art in the Meadow Heights School District and at Kelly High School.
Margaret loved to travel, and her hobbies included art and photography. She was a member of River Region Photography Association. Margaret was a devoted daughter and was the caregiver for her parents.
Survivors include her mother, Olivia Ostendorf of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Kenneth Ostendorf (Mary Ann) of Cape Girardeau; two nieces, Ann Ostendorf (Richard Lambert) of Spokane, Wash., Jill Murphree (Joe) of Nashville, Tenn.; two nephews, Mark Ostendorf (Natalie) of Madison, Wis., and Nick Ostendorf of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her father, Albert John Ostendorf; and a nephew, John Kenneth Ostendorf.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be given to St. Mary Cathedral School, 210 S. Sprigg St., Cape Girardeau, MO 63703; Notre Dame Regional High School, 265 Notre Dame Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701; or The Jennifer Ireland Foundation (for cancer families), P.O. Box 124, Blue Springs, MO 64013-0124.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.