- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Harper - Shadforth
Paul and Pam Harper of Birmingham, Ala., formerly of Jackson, announce the engagement of their daughter, Caroline Victoria Harper of California, Md., to Capt. Scott Shadforth of Patuxent River, Md. He is the son of Maj. and Mrs. A.G. Shadforth of Merritt Island, Fla.
Harper is a graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science in elementary education from Southeast Missouri State University in 2003, and a master of education from William Woods University in 2007. She was a second grade teacher seven years at Blanchard Elementary School in Cape Girardeau. She is a Head Start teacher in Calvert County, Md.
Shadforth is a graduate of Merritt Island High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in quantitative economics from the U.S. Naval Academy in 2001, and graduated from the U.S. Naval Test Pilot School in 2009. He is serving with the U.S. Marine Corps and is a helicopter test pilot for the Air Test and Evaluation, Squadron 21 NAS Patuxent River.
A June 30 wedding is planned in Birmingham.