- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Michael Shai Matney, 54, of Memphis, Tenn., passed away Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2012, at his home.
He was born July 18, 1957, in Cape Girardeau, son of Lawrence and Evelyn Habada Matney. He and Camille Lyons were married June 16, 1984, at Kaskaskia Island, Ill. She preceded him in death March 24, 2010.
Michael was a schoolteacher more than 30 years. He was of the Assembly of God belief.
Survivors include his parents, Lawrence and Evelyn Matney of Advance; and a host of other family and friends.
He was preceded in death by his wife and twin sons.
Visitation will be from 10:30 a.m. until time of service Saturday at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Revs. Dwight Hensley and Bubby Heaton officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.