- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Lois Velma Schnare, 89, formerly of Cape Girardeau and Bosworth, Mo., died Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2012, at Good Samaritan Health Care facility in Alliance, Neb.
She was born Feb. 9, 1922, at Carrollton, Mo., to Adolph William and Eulah Lois Veach Brockmeier. She and Martin G. Schnare were married Nov. 13, 1938, in Carrollton.
Survivors include three sons, Dr. Paul (Marilyn) Schnare of Cape Girardeau, the Rev. Martin T. (Diane) Schnare of Alliance, Joel (Nancy Ruth) Schnare of Bosworth; seven grandchildren, Nancy (Todd) Bauer of Collinsville, Ill., Kathy (Bill) Schnare-Reid of Yardley, Pa., Nicole (Gary) Siebert of Cape Girardeau, Zach (Dawn) Schnare of Collinsville, Leah (Travis) Sherman of Florissant, Mo., Mark (Kathryn) Schnare of Higginsville, Mo., Krista (John) Townsend of Maryville, Mo.; 10 great-grandchildren, Zoe, McCaully and Benjamin Bauer of Collinsville, Kelsi, Coby and Kory Siebert of Cape Girardeau, Ella, Kiana and Alayna Schnare of Collinsville, Owen Sherman of Florissant; a sister, Justine (Daurel) Hollenbeck of Mead, Colo.; and a daughter-in-law, Wilma Jo Schnare of St. Charles, Mo.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband; a son, Ronnie C. Schnare; and a grandson, Paul Christian Schnare.
Mrs. Schnare moved to Alliance in October 1998.
The funeral will be Friday at Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church in Alliance. Burial will be on the family farm in Bosworth, with visitation at Gibson Funeral Chapel in Bosworth before the committal Monday. There she will await the resurrection at the Last Day.
Memorials may be given to Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church, P.O. Box 715, Alliance, NE 69301.
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23.