- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Three in Scott City face synthetic marijuana charges
Three people were arrested last week after a search turned up about seven pounds of synthetic marijuana, Scott City police said.
Around 10:30 p.m. Thursday, officers executed a search warrant at 405 Sycamore St. following an investigation of several months, according to a news release from the department. During the search, close to 1,200 containers of synthetic marijuana, six large zip-top bags containing the substance and about $2,800 in cash were seized, police said.
Matthew Thompson, Stewart Thompson and Regina Thompson were arrested at the residence. On Friday, they were charged with distribution of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Matthew Thompson is being held on $75,000 cash or surety bond. Stewart and Regina Thompson are being held on $50,000 cash or surety bonds.
405 Sycamore St., Scott City, MO