- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Helen Louise Bryant, 94, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Jan. 5, 2012, at her son's home in Hickman, Ky.
She was born Nov. 21, 1917, in Cape Girardeau, to Grover C. and Bertha Goza Bond.
She graduated from Cape Girardeau Central High in 1935.
She and Sammie D. Bryant married Saturday, May 28, 1938, in Cape Girardeau. He died April 14, 2000.
Mrs. Bryant worked for International Shoe Factory and later for Southeast Hospital. She was a member of Cape First Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Kathie (Johnnie) Haupt of Fruitland; sons Vercel (Phyllis) Bryant of Hickman, Ky., and David (Jody) Bryant of Levinworth, Kan.; a sister, Gertrude DeVore of Cape Girardeau; nine grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by parents, husband, four brothers and one sister.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel. Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel, with the Revs. Gary Brothers and Charle Lance officiating. Burial will follow at Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be given to Cape First Church.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.