- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda 1/9/12
401 Independence St.
Study session, 5 p.m. today
Meeting, 7 p.m. today
Items for discussion
* Planning and Zoning Commission report
* Report on audit for fiscal year ended June 30, Jeff Stroder
* Tangible Results -- Environment Conducive to Economic Development -- Scott Meyer and Eric Cunningham
* Agenda review
* A public hearing on the request to rezone property at 1218 Meadowbrook Lane from the R-1 (single-family suburban residential) district to the M-2 (heavy manufacturing/industrial) zoning district.
* A public hearing to consider vacating the city's interest in a portion of an abandoned sewer easement through 2880 Hopper Road.
* An ordinance authorizing the mayor to execute a quit-claim deed to IOC -- Cape Girardeau LLC relinquishing the city's interest in various easement and right-of-way areas. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Isle of Capri first addition. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance authorizing the acquisition of additional property for the wastewater treatment plant project. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance amending Section 30-205(a) of the Code of Ordinances regarding penalties for violations of the zoning code. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance amending Article VI of Chapter 25 of the Code of Ordinances regarding fences. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Auburn Creek subdivision. Second and third readings.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a letter of agreement with Southeast Missouri State University for a historic resource survey. Reading and passage.
* A motion accepting the audit for the fiscal year ended June 30, prepared by Beussink, Hey, Roe & Stroder LLC.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an addendum to the agreement with Alliance Water Resources Inc. for operation of the city water system. Reading and passage.
* An ordinance accepting temporary construction easements from various property owners for the Broadway Corridor Project from Pacific Street to Water Street. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Chapter 30 of the Code of Ordinances by changing the zoning of 1218 Meadowbrook Lane from R-1 to M-2. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Schedule F of Section 26-247 of the city code, by establishing a no-parking zone on a portion of Commercial Street. First reading.
* An ordinance vacating the city's interest in a sanitary sewer easement through 2880 Hopper Road. First reading.
* Appointments to the Cape Girardeau Area Magnet board of directors.