- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Rosie Flora Pierce, 91, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Jan. 8, 2012, at Southeast Hospital.
She was born Nov. 6, 1920, in Pocahontas, to Adolph H. and Flora Petzoldt Koenig.
She married James B. Pierce on Sept. 16, 1939, in Jackson. He died March 10, 1998.
Rosie had worked for Davis Electric in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church.
Survivors include daughters Janet L. (Jim) Mungle and Patricia A. (Bill) Heider of Cape Girardeau; sons Bobby G. Pierce of Cape Girardeau and Larry D. (Jo) Pierce of Jackson; a brother, Paul Koenig of Farmington, Mo.; sisters Olga Ruessler of Perryville, Mo., Leona Thomas of Des Moines, Iowa, Nelda Leinger of Fenton, Mo., Esther Reisenbichler of Chaffee, Mo., Olivia Yeager of Humboldt, Tenn.; five grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by parents, husband and a sister.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel. The funeral will follow at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel, with the Rev. Nathan Burgell officiating. Burial will follow at Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be given to Trinity Lutheran Church.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.