- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
People on the move 1/9/12
Darby earns Rookie of the Month for December
Kelly Darby of Jackson, a financial representative with Modern Woodmen Fraternal Financial, was named Rookie of the Month in the Missouri East Region for December. The honor is given to a full-time representative that has been with Modern Woodmen for less than three years and is leading the region in production. Darby became full-time with Modern Woodmen in November 2010. Modern Woodmen of America is a fraternal life insurance society headquartered in Rock Island, Ill. Modern Woodmen provides life insurance and annuity products to more than 765,000 members nationwide. For more information, contact Kelly at 986-1781 or call the regional office at 701-0163.
Wichern joins Alliance Bank in Cape Girardeau staff
Chelsea Wichern has joined Alliance Bank in Cape Girardeau as credit analyst. Wichern began her banking career as a teller in 2007 and assisted in the lending environment at two other financial institutions. She graduated from Southeast Missouri State University with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration -- Finance Major in 2008 and completed her Master of Business Administration in 2010.
Cape Area Personnel names new board officers
Cape Area Personnel Association recently announced its new officers for 2012. Lori Meyer of Cape Girardeau was named president; Drenna Shive, RHC Holdings Corporation, was named president-elect; Lisa Rouse, BioKyowa Inc. was named secretary; and Sarah Jenkins, Buzzi Unicem U.S.A., was named treasurer. Cape Area Personnel Association is the only local professional association for individuals with work-related interests in the field of Human Resources. The association's focus is to provide educational and networking opportunities for its members to enhance the development of Human Resource Professionals in Cape Girardeau and the surrounding region. The membership includes business owners, administrators, supervisors, educators, recruiting specialists, benefits specialists, students and retirees.
Police captain graduates from FBI National Academy Program
The Cape Girardeau Police Department recently announced that Capt. Jack Wimp was one of 266 law enforcement officers who graduated Dec. 16 from the FBI National Academy Program at Quantico, Va. Wimp is a 26-year veteran. having joined the department in 1985. He was promoted to sergeant in 2000, promoted to lieutenant in 2006 and promoted to captain in 2009. He has served as patrol officer, detective, traffic sergeant and auxiliary service lieutenant and is currently captain in the Support Service Bureau. The 247th session of the National Academy consisted of men and women from 49 states. Included in the class were members of law enforcement agencies from the District of Columbia, 25 countries, three military organizations and six federal civilian organizations.
-- From staff reports