- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)7
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Purcell votes down budget
Do my eyes deceive me, or did I just fantasize this again? Did I not see in the print media where Commissioner Jay Purcell voted against the majority one more time? You know if it was not for the comic relief, it would almost be pathetic. Here, Auditor Frazier conducts a painstaking and comprehensive audit of each county department, something which has not been done for years, trying to find savings somewhere, and Purcell votes against the budget. He even states he was in approval of most of it. There were just a few things he was not in 100 percent agreement with, so he voted a thumbs down.
Like Mick Jagger once said, "You can't always get what you want." You may grandstand and you may want to be different, but in the end you may not get your way. Commissioner Koeper even went as far as to praise Frazier for his efforts, but Purcell chooses to shoot him down. Thank God we have two commissioners with a rational thought process.
JAMES C. ROCHE, Jackson