- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Engelen - VanGennip
LEOPOLD, Mo. -- Kristina Susanne Engelen and Chad Michael VanGennip were married Oct. 9, 2010, at St. John's Catholic Church in Leopold. The Rev. William W. Hennecke performed the ceremony. Lectors were Tammy Vandeven and Jennifer Shore, sisters of the groom. Altar servers were Clayton and Josh Stoverink of Leopold, cousins of the groom.
Organist was Alissa Vandeven and soloists were Whitney Lukefahr and Genny Bradshaw.
Parents of the couple are Robert and Annabel Engelen of Leopold, and Michael and Dorothy VanGennip of Glennon, Mo.
Matron of honor was Becky Hobeck of Jackson, cousin of the bride. Bridesmaids were Melissa Lincoln and Deanna Brown of Whitewater, and Cassie Engelen of Leopold, sisters of the bride.
Robbie Arnzen of Leopold was best man. Groomsmen were David Engelen of Whitewater and Scott Engelen of Commerce, Mo., brothers of the bride; and Adam Landewee of Leopold. Ushers were Michael Engelen of Gordonville, brother of the bride, and Brad Chapman of Bryant, Ark., cousin of the groom.
Candlelighters were Angel Engelen of Whitewater and Annette Engelen of Gordonville, sisters-in-law of the bride.
Flower girls were Emma Vandeven and Fayelinn Brown. Ringbearer was Connor Lincoln. Emma is the daughter of Danny and Tammy Vandeven, niece and goddaughter of the groom. Fayelinn is the daughter of Chris and Deanna Brown, niece of the bride and goddaughter of the couple. Connor is the son of Ron and Melissa Lincoln, nephew and godson of the bride.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Leopold.
Mrs. VanGennip is a 2004 graduate of Leopold High School. She received a bachelor's degree in animal science from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2008. She is employed at Tilsit Road Animal Clinic in Jackson.
The groom is a 2001 graduate of Leopold High School. He is employed at Coca-Cola Refreshments in Jackson.
After a wedding trip to Yellowstone National Park, the couple is residing in Glennon.