- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Robert Lloyd Jr.
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Robert Bruce "Bob" Lloyd Jr., 87, of Marble Hill passed away Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born May 10, 1924, in St. Paul, Minn., son of Robert Bruce and Thelma Stafford Lloyd Sr. He and Ann Foltz Hubbard were married Aug. 22, 1976.
Lloyd earned a bachelor's degree from the University of California-Berkeley and was a sales manager 24 years with Youngtown Steel Products Corp. in Los Angeles. He later worked in insurance and financial services.
He was a World War II Navy veteran.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Sharon Mitchell of Mission Viejo, Calif.; three sons, Steven Lloyd of Rocklin, Calif., Dennis Lloyd of Pasadena, Calif., and John Lloyd of Sierra Madre, Calif.; four stepdaughters, Debra Waters of Houston, Beverly Flores of Riverside, Calif., Becky Barr of Reese, Mich., and Elizabeth Legg of Alta Loma, Calif.; two stepsons, William Hubbard of Imperial Beach, Calif., and Stephen Hubbard of Saginaw, Mich.; a sister, Janet Florence of New Castle, Calif.; and numerous grandchildren.
A son and a sister preceded him in death.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield, with military honors to be conducted.