- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
JONESBORO, Ill. -- William Carl Shepard, 73, of Jonesboro and Bushnell, Fla., died Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2012, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 26, 1938, in Jonesboro, son of Harry and Bea Boshell Shepard. He married Betty Holtzclaw on Jan. 27, 1984, in Corinth, Miss.
William is survived by his wife, Betty Shepard of Jonesboro; two sons, Mike (Jill) Shepard of Boise, Idaho, and Jim (Cheri) Shepard of Kuna, Idaho; a daughter, Donna (Ralph Kirby) Shepard of Spokane, Wash.; two grandchildren; a sister-in-law, Becky (Tammy) Holtzclaw of Nashville, Tenn.; a brother-in-law, Charles Holtzclaw of McClure, Ill.; other relatives and many friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Glen and Donnie Shepard; and two sisters, Betty Smith and Pat Gibbs.
William was a member of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church in Bushnell many years.
He proudly served his country in the U.S. Air Force, retiring after 20 years of service.
William and Betty owned and operated Shep's Corner at Berryville, Fla., since 1985, selling produce during the summer months.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Joe Aldridge officiating. Interment will be in Florida National Cemetery in Bushnell.
Memorial contributions may be made to Pleasant Hill Baptist Church in Bushnell. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home.
To view this obituary and leave condolences, please visit www.rendlemanhilemanfh.com.