- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Bruxie L. Norman, 89, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Feb. 15, 1922, in Rutherford, Tenn., to Roy and Estelle Chappius Glisson. She and Lee Norman were married Sept. 20, 1945, in Tulsa, Okla. He preceded her in 1988.
Bruxie worked at the shoe factory most of her career and was also a seamstress for Young Clothing Store.
Bruxie was proud of her 30 plus years and 10,500 hours as a volunteer at Southeast Hospital. She was a member of Red Star Baptist Church, a Sunday school teacher and member of the choir, and was a volunteer for Red Star Food Pantry. She was an avid gardener and an expert angler.
Survivors include a daughter, Beverly and husband Bill Nichols of Lake Worth, Fla.; a sister, Hilda McMillan of Tulsa; and a grandchild, Jeff and wife Melissa Norman.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Lee; a son, Bob Norman; and two sisters, Larna "Bobbie" Robbins and Verna Hinck.
Visitation will be from 1 p.m. to service time Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
The funeral will be at 3 p.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be given to Red Star Baptist Church, 1301 N. Main St., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.