- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Alene Barlow, 85, of Chaffee, formerly of Delta, died Friday, Dec. 30, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 21, 1926, in Advance, Mo., to the late John William and Lillie Mae Marrow Randles. She married the Rev. Russell Barlow Aug. 25, 1945. He preceded her in death Dec. 20, 1985.
Alene was a member of Greater Vision Pentecostal Church in Chaffee.
Survivors include two sons, Donald R. Barlow and Jimmy Lee Barlow of Delta; a sister, Virginia Russom of Scott Hills, Tenn.; eight grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, three sisters and a granddaughter.
The funeral was held Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, with the Rev. Robert Poe officiating, assisted by Robert Smithy. Burial was in Union Park Cemetery.