- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Raymond Goodson Jr.
Raymond F. "R.F." Goodson Jr., 84, of Jackson passed away Monday, Jan. 2, 2012, at Jackson Manor Nursing Home.
He was born Oct. 6, 1927, in Carrollton, Mo., to Raymond F. and Frances M. Buster Goodson Sr. He and Evelyn Marie Pittenger were married June 15, 1946.
During his early childhood, the family lived on several farms in Carroll County, Mo. When R.F. was 16, the family moved to Columbia, Mo., where he graduated high school and attended the University of Missouri two years. He then went to work for MFA in Butler, Mo., and later transferred to Jackson as manager of the CO-OP plant in 1967. R.F. obtained his real estate/broker's license and was developer of Sunset Hills Subdivision in Jackson. He also built a number of homes in Jackson and constructed the first pre-stressed concrete office building in Jackson.
His civic affiliations included Jackson Rotary Club, Kiwanis Club, JHS Booster Club, past president of Cape County Realtors Association and a leader with Boy Scout Troop 11.
Survivors include his loving wife of 65 years, Evelyn of Jackson; their children, Ann Woods of Crane, Mo., Mary Jane (Dr. Jeff) Powell of Maryville, Mo., Raymond (Tammie Hart) Goodson of Whitewater, John Goodson of Jackson, Doug (Peggy Preusser) Goodson of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Martha (Eric) Venable of Jackson, and Patty (and friend John Hutson) Gerlach of Marble Hill, Mo.
Also a sister, Rebecca Jane Shingleton of Lodi, Calif.; a sister-in-law, Betty Goodson of Hamel, Minn.; 17 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; two nieces; and two nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a brother, William B. "Bill" Goodson; a great-granddaughter, Kaitlin Marie Vermillion; and a brother-in-law, Duane Shingleton.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Grant Gillard officiating. Interment will be in Carrollton Oak Hill Cemetery in Carrollton.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer's Association or First Presbyterian Church in Jackson.
Friends may send sympathy messages to the family at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.