- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Alene Barlow, 85, died on Friday Dec. 30, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
Alene was born on July 21, 1926, in Advance, Mo., to the late John William and Lillie Mae Marrow Randles. She married the Rev. Russell Barlow on Aug. 25, 1945, and he preceded her in death Dec. 20, 1985.
She was a member of Greater Vision Pentecostal Church in Chaffee, Mo.
Survivors include two sons, Donald R. Barlow and Jimmy Lee Barlow, both of Delta; one sister, Virginia Russom of Scott Hills, Tenn.; eight grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild.
She also was preceded in death by one daughter, three sisters and one granddaughter.
Friends may call after 4:30 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
Funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel, with the Rev. Robert Poe, assisted by Robert Smithy, officiating.
Burial will follow at Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.