- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Audrey Morgan of Fort Collins, Colo., formerly of Chaffee, Mo., passed away Dec. 20, 2011. She was born in Springfield, Mo., to the late W.O. and Anna Baker Tanner on Aug. 13, 1916. She attended and graduated from Chaffee High School in 1935.
Audrey was married to Chester Morgan on May 4, 1935, and he preceded her in death Sept. 5, 2000.
She was employed by the U.S. government as a munitions inspector (bombs and shells) during World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War.
Audrey was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Chaffee. She was also a member of the Chaffee Eastern Star and served as worthy matron. She was active in the VFW Auxiliary Post 3127 and was the supervisor of kitchen operations. Audrey also was very creative and loved to make decorations for all types of events.
Audrey is survived by her daughter, Bonnie (Roger) Baird of Fort Collins; grandchildren, Deborah (John) Alsko of Richmond, Va., Amy (Neil) Ehrenberger and David (Jerilyn) Baird, all of Fort Collins; great-grandchildren, Emily and Nikolas Ehrenberger and Nicole and Taylor Baird.
A memorial service was held Dec. 23 at Allnutt Drake Chapel in Fort Collins.
Friends may call from 1 p.m. until time of service Wednesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. There will be a Chaffee VFW Auxiliary service at 1:30 p.m. at the chapel.
Funeral service will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. J. Michael Davis officiating.
Memorial contributions may be made to the First United Methodist Church in Chaffee or the Alzheimer's Association.