- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jewell R. "Judy" Walker, 83, of Splendora, Texas, formerly of Burfordville, passed away Thursday, Dec. 29, 2011.
She was born Jan. 15, 1928, in Baton Rouge, La., daughter of Benton L. and Jewell V. Whetstone Riggin. She and Harvey C. Walker were married March 3, 1950. He passed away Feb. 25, 1989.
Judy had been a clerk at Walmart.
Survivors include two sons, Paul Harvey Walker of Clifton, Texas, and Lawrence A. Walker of Splendora; and six grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband and parents.
Graveside service will be Wednesday at 10 a.m. at Brownwood Cemetery near Advance, Mo., with the Rev. Jack Owens officiating.
Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.