- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Eva Jane "Tib" Ward, 78, of Ortonville, Mich., formerly of Marble Hill, passed away Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2011.
She was born Oct. 14, 1933, in Lewistown, Pa., daughter of Charles and Anna Zarkovich Swift. She and Kelly Wayne Ward were married April 8, 1979, in Waterford, Mich. He preceded her in death July 17, 2003.
Eva and her husband maintained horses in Ortonville and in Marble Hill after her retirement from Waterford GM Parts Division in 1988. She loved the farm -- her horses, dogs, cats and chickens.
Survivors include two sons, James Warntz of Davisburg, Mich., Edward Warntz of Waterford; a daughter, Jayne (Matthew) Landry of Ortonville; five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers.
Graveside service will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery, with the Rev Fred Ritter officiating.
Liley Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.