- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Wayne Herbert Hillegass, 82, of Gautier, Miss., died Tuesday, Dec. 27, 2011, at Singing River Hospital in Pascagoula, Miss.
He was born Feb. 15, 1929, in Redding, Pa., to Wayne Herbert and Sarah Martin Hillegass. He and Hazel Cobble were married July 11, 1953.
Wayne graduated from Redding High School.
He served 22 years in the U.S. Air Force. He worked with B-52 bombers and then was attached to a missile squadron. After retiring from the military he worked 19 years with Ingalls Ship Builders.
Wayne is survived by his wife, Hazel of Gautier; two sisters-in-law, Hester Turner of Jackson and Helen Friese of Friedheim; three nephews; and two nieces.
Visitation will be from noon to service time Saturday at Cracraft-Milller Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home. The Rev. Doug McClellan will officiate. Burial will be in New Salem United Methodist Church Cemetery in Daisy.