- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jackson police and fire report 12/29/11
The Jackson Police Department released the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Bill W. Hay, 59, 954 Greensferry Road, received a summons for resisting arrest, animal abuse and failure to obey a lawful order.
* Shawn D. Stockard II, 19, 321 E. Washington St., received a summons for dog at large.
* Theft was reported in the 300 block of Kate Street.
* Theft was reported in the area of City Park.
* Theft was reported in the 1300 block of West Jackson Boulevard.
* Theft was reported in the 300 block of East Jackson Boulevard.
* Domestic disturbance was reported in the 900 block of West Independence Street.
Firefighters responded to the following calls Wednesday:
* A burn permit on South Hope Street.
* A smell of gas on East Madison Street.
* Emergency medical service on East Main Street.
* Emergency medical service on Woodland Drive.
* Emergency medical service on East Jackson Boulevard.