- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Arthur H. Bender, 91, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Dec. 26, 2011, at the Lutheran Home.
He was born April 30, 1920, in Cape Girardeau, to Wilhelm F. and Anna Wilhelmine E. Brunke Bender. He and Mary Jo Yope were married April 4, 1942, in Cape Girardeau.
Bender was a bookkeeper/accountant for Lohman Supply in Cape Girardeau. He was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include a son, Timothy J. and wife Brenda Bender of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Nancy and husband Rich Richards of Brandon, Fla.; a sister, Irma Gillula of California; six grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife; parents; a son, Stephen D. Bender; a brother, Walter Bender; three sisters, Olga and Ruth Bender and Laura Birk.
Friends may call from noon to service time today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Loren Boettcher officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Multiple Sclerosis Society, 1217 N. Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.