- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Harold Locke Jr.
Harold W. Locke Jr., 83, of Jackson died Sunday, Dec. 25, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Dec. 9, 1928, in Akron, Ohio, to Harold William and Merna Ewart Locke Sr. He married Peggy Childs on March 1, 1951.
Locke served in the Navy during the Korean conflict.
He was owner and operator of Locke Distributing 35 years. He managed four warehouses throughout Southeast Missouri. He was a member of the American Legion, Elks Lodge 639, and charter member of Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie 3775. Harold enjoyed hunting, fishing and was an avid boat racer.
Survivors include his wife, Peggy; a son, David (Kathryn) Locke of Jackson; a daughter, Tracy Schott of Cape Girardeau; a granddaughter, Victoria Rae Locke of Jackson; two grandsons, Justin David Schott of Cape Girardeau and Jordan William Schott of Jonesboro, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
A private graveside service will be held at Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Lung Association or charity of your choice and will be accepted at the funeral home.
Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau is in charge of arrangements.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonlinecom.