- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
DALLAS -- Geraldine P. Brock Douglas, 90, passed away Tuesday, Dec. 27, 2011, in Dallas.
She was born April 23, 1921, in Flat River, Mo., to Andy and Agnes Welter LeGrand. Geraldine married Glen Albert Brock in 1938 and had two daughters. He preceded her in death Feb. 16, 1946. She later married Don Douglas and moved to Dallas. Together they had four children.
Geraldine worked as a hairdresser many years in Missouri.
Survivors include two daughters, Glenda Ruth Milam of Benton, Mo., Mary (Terry) Hassenpflug of Grand Prairie, Texas; two sons, LaRue (Debbie) Douglas of Pasadena, Texas, Thomas Douglas of Plano, Texas; a sister, Mildred LeGrand of Benton; and a brother, Maurice LeGrand of Houston.
Also eight grandchildren, Bruce, Brad and Brock Milam of Benton, Kathy Brock Tegtmeyer of Wichita Falls, Texas, Stacie Zimmerman and Jeffrey Hughes of Grand Prairie, Dawn and Jacob Douglas of Pasadena; 24 great-grandchildren; and 14 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Glen Brock; her parents; a brother, Leon LeGrand; a sister, Wilma Grojean; two daughters, Jane Brock Milam and Carla Lynn Salik; three grandsons, Blaine and Brian Milam and Ronnie Zimmerman; and a son-in-law, Bill Milam.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Denis Catholic Church in Benton, with the Rev. Michael Casteel as celebrant. Burial will be in St. Denis Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Macular Degeneration Foundation, P.O. Box 531313, Henderson, NV 89053.