- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
OLMSTED, Ill. -- Sophia M. Neeley, 93, of Olmsted passed away Tuesday, Dec. 27, 2011, at Daystar Care Center in Cairo, Ill.
She was born July 21, 1918, in Louisville, Ky., daughter of Charles Andrew and Elizabeth Caroline Bornwasser Simpson.
Sophia was a member of Cairo Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, and was a retired salesclerk.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Norval Neeley in 1977; a son, William M. Neeley; a daughter-in-law, Carol Neeley; two brothers; and a sister.
Survivors include two sons, Charles "Bud" Neeley and Robert "Bob" Neeley of Olmsted; two daughters, Sharon Kay (David) Perriguey of Olmsted, Mary Jo Neeley of Cape Girardeau; 13 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; 10 great-great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to service time Friday at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Carl Clark officiating. Interment will be in Masonic Cemetery at Olmsted.