- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Free guided hike offered at Trail of Tears on Sunday
Trail of Tears State Park will kick off the new year with a free guided hike Sunday.
Nine Missouri state parks, along with others across the country, will hold First Day Hikes on Sunday.
Those wishing to participate should meet at the park's visitor center at 1 p.m. The hike will be about two miles along the park's southern boundary. To register, call 290-5268 and leave a message.
For more information on the First Day Hikes and Missouri state parks, visit mostateparks.com. For information on the First Day Hikes across the country, visit americasstateparks.org.
Trail of Tears State Park, Jackson, MO