- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Lee Jackson, 61, of Anna, formerly of Scott City, died Monday, Dec. 26, 2011 at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 4, 1950, in Fornfelt, Mo., to William George and Dora Mae Henderson Jackson.
He is survived by three brothers, Orley Jackson, Harvey "Hop" Jackson and "Billy Gene" Jackson all of Scott City; four sisters, Ruby Tackett of Zalma, Mo., Hazel Jackson of Chicago, Mary Lindner and Eula Jackson, both of Kalamazoo, Mich.
He was preceded in death by his parents, three brothers, and four sisters.
Visitation will be from noon until time of service Friday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
Funeral service will be at 2 p.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Randy Morse officiating.
Burial will be in Lightner Memorial Cemetery in Scott City.