- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- William Earl Griffith Sr., 77, of Chaffee, formerly of Cairo, Ill., died Sunday, Dec. 25, 2011, at St. Mary's Hospital in Centralia, Mo.
William was born Nov. 18, 1934, to the late J.R. and Zula Mae Whitis Griffith. He married Karen Moore on Oct. 15, 1960, and she survives.
He worked as a technician at Mac Co. in Grapevine, Texas. William was in the U.S. Army and served in the Korean War. He was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Chaffee.
Survivors include his wife, Karen Griffith of Chaffee; one son, William E. Griffith Jr. of Andale, Kan.; two daughters, Catherine Pesale of Huntington, Conn., and Cynthia Griffith Gronlund of Roanoke, Texas; seven grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was also preceded in death by two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call after 10:30 a.m. until time of service Thursday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
Funeral service will be at 11:30 a.m. at the chapel, with the Rev. J. Michael Davis officiating.
Burial will follow at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo.