- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)34
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Scott County Central boys basketball team dispatches Woodland
It took some time for the Scott County Central boys basketball team to shake Woodland on Monday.
But the Braves overpowered the Cardinals on their way to a 79-39 victory in the opening round of the Southeast Missourian Christmas tournament.
LaMarcus Steward and Dominique Porter both scored 16 points to lead SCC. Jalen Porter added 15 points and Larandis Banks 12.
SCC started pulling away in the second quarter and led by 28 points at the intermission.
Lance Yount led the Cardinals with 12 points, and Aaron Yount added 10, including two 3-pointers.
WOODLAND (39) -- Aaron Yount 10, Garret Reynolds 1, Dakota Long 6, Skyler Liley 2, Dylan Miller 2, Sean Magee 2, Lance Yount 12, Codey Miles 4. FG 16, FT 3-13, F26. (3-pointers: A. Yount 2, Long 2. Fouled out: Miles)
SCOTT COUNTY CENTRAL (79) -- Larandis Banks 12, Jaylen Porter 15, Tyler Masters 10, Dustin Johnson 2, Dominique Porter 16, LaMarcus Steward 16, Kendall Blissett 8. FG 29, FT 21-40, F 16. (3-pointers: none. Fouled out: none)