- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Walter Thomas Ross, 58, of Carmel, Ind., passed peacefully, surrounded by family, on Dec. 22, 2011.
Walt was born in Cape Girardeau on Jan. 25, 1953, to Charlie and LaVern Ross.
Walt spent his entire career in the heavy equipment industry, in sales, service and management in Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky and Indiana. His high standards and deep sense of responsibility inspired his co-workers, customers and family every day.
Walt was a dedicated family man, enjoyed sports of all kinds and especially loved being a PopPop to his four grandboys, Isaac, Jacob, Jonas and Ian.
He is survived by Jane, his wife of 38 years; daughter Claire O'Neal; son Christian Ross; four grandsons; parents; sister Cindy Gage; and brother Eddie Ross.
The visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Carmel Lutheran Church, 4850 E. 131 St., Carmel, Ind. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the church.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Indiana University Foundation, P.O. Box 500, Bloomington, IN 47402. A tribute to Walt's life is online at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
Arrangements entrusted to Flanner and Buchanan-Oaklawn Memorial Gardens, 317-849-3616.