- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
OLMSTED, Ill. -- Gail Marie Smith Edwards, age 51, of Olmsted passed away at 12:14 a.m. Friday, Dec. 23, 2011, at the Western Baptist Hospital in Paducah, Ky.
Gail was born Sept. 28, 1960, in St. Louis, daughter of Bill and Colleen Werling Smith.
Gail was a graduating member of the 1978 Ballard Memorial High School class. She attended the Gospel of Assembly Church of Anna, Ill., and attended Shawnee Community College.
Survivors include her husband, John W. Edwards of Olmsted; a daughter, Emilie S. Edwards, and a son, David Wayne Edwards, both of Olmsted; her parents, Bill and Colleen Smith of Wickliffe, Ky.; her father-in-law and mother-in-law, Richard and Norma Edwards of Olmsted; two brothers, Bruce M. Smith and Mark L. Smith, both of Wickliffe; one brother-in-law, Larry L. Edwards of Goreville, Ill.; several nieces, nephews, cousins and many friends.
Friends may call between 4 and 8 p.m. Monday at Caledonia Community Church in Olmsted (10076 Highway 37).
Funeral services for Gail M. Edwards will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the church, with Gaylen Holden officiating. Interment will follow in the Masonic Cemetery in Olmsted.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of memorials to the Leukemia Research Foundation, 3520 Lake Avenue, Suite 202, Wilmette, IL 60091-1064 or to the Crohn's Disease Foundation National Processing Center, Attn: Honor Memorial Gifts, P.O. Box 1245, Albert Lea, MN 56007-9976, in memory of Gail M. Edwards.
Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill., is in charge of the arrangements.