- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- John W. Hill, 83, of White House, Tenn., formerly of Sikeston, died Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2011, at Select Specialty Hospital in Nashville, Tenn.
He was born Sept. 11, 1928, in Sikeston, to the late Marvin and Lena Godwin Hill. He and Vernell Garrison were married Dec. 7, 1967, in Sikeston.
Hill was a maintenance engineer at Hart's Bakery in Sikeston, retiring in 1979. He later worked as a manager at Union 76 Truck Stop in Ridgetop, Tenn.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Michael (Stephanie) Hill of White House; a stepson, Steve Wirth of Madison, Tenn.; a daughter, Joann Loos of Lebanon, Ill.; a stepdaughter, Lisa Hammond of Toronto, Canada; a brother, Bill (Barbara) Hill of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Bessie McElyea and Betty (Lloyd) Roth of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren, Alex, Logan and Holli Hill of White House, Derrick and Clinton Hammond of Bakersfield, Calif.; numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by two brothers, Willis and Charles Hill.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Larry Marlar, pastor of Zion Chapel Assembly of God Church in Greenbriar, Tenn., officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery in Sikeston.
Online condolences may be shared with the family at www.nunneleefuneralchapel.com.