- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Manpower Associates Helping Each Other
The Manpower Associate Peer Assistance Committee (MAPAC) was able to make Christmas special this year for 12 Manpower families in need. MAPAC raised over $1500.00 in 2011 that was designated for Christmas, as well as accepting donations of toys and food. The items were distributed by Santa Claus at the Cape Girardeau Manpower Office, located at 1739 N. Kingshighway in Cape. Santa also posed for pictures with children of local Manpower Associates.
MAPAC was founded in 2009 by Roy McGaugh, Steve Gehl, and Brenda Meyer to serve local Manpower Associates and their families that found themselves in emergency situations that were out of their control. In the past 3 years, MAPAC has collected and distributed over $11,000.00 to Manpower families in need.