- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man charged with assault after incident at Cape bar (06/24/16)1
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Manpower Associates Helping Each Other
The Manpower Associate Peer Assistance Committee (MAPAC) was able to make Christmas special this year for 12 Manpower families in need. MAPAC raised over $1500.00 in 2011 that was designated for Christmas, as well as accepting donations of toys and food. The items were distributed by Santa Claus at the Cape Girardeau Manpower Office, located at 1739 N. Kingshighway in Cape. Santa also posed for pictures with children of local Manpower Associates.
MAPAC was founded in 2009 by Roy McGaugh, Steve Gehl, and Brenda Meyer to serve local Manpower Associates and their families that found themselves in emergency situations that were out of their control. In the past 3 years, MAPAC has collected and distributed over $11,000.00 to Manpower families in need.