- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Manpower Associates Helping Each Other
The Manpower Associate Peer Assistance Committee (MAPAC) was able to make Christmas special this year for 12 Manpower families in need. MAPAC raised over $1500.00 in 2011 that was designated for Christmas, as well as accepting donations of toys and food. The items were distributed by Santa Claus at the Cape Girardeau Manpower Office, located at 1739 N. Kingshighway in Cape. Santa also posed for pictures with children of local Manpower Associates.
MAPAC was founded in 2009 by Roy McGaugh, Steve Gehl, and Brenda Meyer to serve local Manpower Associates and their families that found themselves in emergency situations that were out of their control. In the past 3 years, MAPAC has collected and distributed over $11,000.00 to Manpower families in need.