- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Manpower Associates Helping Each Other
The Manpower Associate Peer Assistance Committee (MAPAC) was able to make Christmas special this year for 12 Manpower families in need. MAPAC raised over $1500.00 in 2011 that was designated for Christmas, as well as accepting donations of toys and food. The items were distributed by Santa Claus at the Cape Girardeau Manpower Office, located at 1739 N. Kingshighway in Cape. Santa also posed for pictures with children of local Manpower Associates.
MAPAC was founded in 2009 by Roy McGaugh, Steve Gehl, and Brenda Meyer to serve local Manpower Associates and their families that found themselves in emergency situations that were out of their control. In the past 3 years, MAPAC has collected and distributed over $11,000.00 to Manpower families in need.