- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
Manpower Associates Helping Each Other
The Manpower Associate Peer Assistance Committee (MAPAC) was able to make Christmas special this year for 12 Manpower families in need. MAPAC raised over $1500.00 in 2011 that was designated for Christmas, as well as accepting donations of toys and food. The items were distributed by Santa Claus at the Cape Girardeau Manpower Office, located at 1739 N. Kingshighway in Cape. Santa also posed for pictures with children of local Manpower Associates.
MAPAC was founded in 2009 by Roy McGaugh, Steve Gehl, and Brenda Meyer to serve local Manpower Associates and their families that found themselves in emergency situations that were out of their control. In the past 3 years, MAPAC has collected and distributed over $11,000.00 to Manpower families in need.