- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
WOLF LAKE, Ill. -- John Gary "Little Deer" Rendleman, 69, of Wolf Lake died Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Jan. 24, 1942, in Anna, Ill., son of Robert Howard and Iva Tweedy Rendleman. He and Sherry A. Rhodes were married March 5, 1971, at Wolf Lake.
Gary is survived by his wife, Sherry Rendleman of Wolf Lake; a daughter, Gretchen L. (Robert) Brodie of Altenburg, Mo.; a son, Rob Rendleman of Wolf Lake; four grandchildren, Mackenzie, Ashton, Cooper and Jackson; two nephews, Tony Rendleman of Murphysboro, Ill., John Rendleman of Jonesboro, Ill.; a sister-in-law, Marjorie Rendleman of Jonesboro; other relatives; and many friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a twin brother, Lary Rendleman.
Gary was a member of Wolf Lake United Methodist Church many years.
He proudly served his country in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War.
Gary was a 1960 graduate of Shawnee High School. He was a member of Jonesboro Masonic Lodge 111 AF&AM, life member of Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 in Anna, Union County Soil and Water Conservation District, Union County Farm Bureau and Shawnee School District 84 board. He served as president of Wolf Lake Park District, served on the Wolf Lake Sanitary District and was a board member of Preston Levy and Drainage District.
Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Anna. Masonic service will be at 7 p.m.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Stephanie Voss officiating. Interment will be in Jonesboro Cemetery. Military rites will be conducted by VFW Post 3455 and the Military Funeral Honors Team in Marion, Ill.
Memorial contributions may be made to Wolf Lake Park or Wolf Lake United Methodist Church. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home.
To view this obituary and leave an online condolence for the family, visit www.rendlemanhilemanfh.com.