- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Ruby Dell Rehkopf, 87, of Advance died Monday, Dec. 19, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 31, 1924, in Gordonville, to Albert W. and Laura Hanschen Wessel. She and William C. Rehkopf were married June 17, 1949, in Gordonville. He died Sept. 4, 1990.
Ruby was a seamstress for Inland Shoe Factory in Advance from 1967 to 1983. She worked at Tricon Industries from 1983 until retiring in January 1992.
She was a member of Zion Lutheran Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Marilyn Markham of Marble Hill, Mo.; a son, Willard Rehkopf of Advance; a brother, Harold Wessel of Cape Girardeau; two grandchildren, Christopher and Chelsey Markham; three great-grandchildren, Garrett, Colton and Brooklynn Markham.
She was preceded in death by her parents and husband.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. to service time Friday at Zion Lutheran Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the church, with the Rev. Wayne Schwiesow officiating. Burial will be in Zion Lutheran Cemetery.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.