- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Francis "Frank" Duncan, 87, of Jackson, formerly of De Soto, Mo., died Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2011, in Jackson.
He was born April 14, 1924, in Advance, Mo., to William and Artie Duncan.
Survivors include a daughter, Marilyn Ernst of Cape Girardeau; two grandchildren, Kelly Abbott of Jackson, Jeff Cronenbold of Cape Girardeau; four great-grandchildren, Bailey and Nicholas Abbott, and Kevin and Sarah Cronenbold.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Violet "Evelyn" Duncan; parents; four siblings, Mary Kiefer, Stella Clark, Loretta Duffey and Robert Duncan; and a son-in-law, Charles Ernst.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Friday at Dietrich-Mothershead Funeral Home in De Soto.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.