- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Southeast Missourian Player of the Week: Oran's Seth Ressel
Oran's Seth Ressel quickly made the adjustment to the varsity level.
The sophomore scored 14 points in the first quarter of the Eagles' 75-49 win against Richland to open the season Monday.
"He works hard. He stays in the gym a lot," Oran coach Joe Shoemaker said.
Ressel finished with a game-high 22 points before fouling out.
"I was ready to get out and play, but I need to quit fouling," Ressel said.
Ressel played sparingly on the varsity last season, but he will be counted on more heavily this year after the Eagles lost eight seniors to graduation. The Eagles returned only one starter from last year's team that won a district title for the first time since 1999.