- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Speak Out 12/21/11
I want to thank the postal clerk at the Bi-State post office for coming out in the parking lot and giving me my charger plate I left. God bless you, and thank you so much. Have a merry Christmas.
THE United States is no longer a manufacturing country. Just how many jobs will the service industry hold? Can it hold everybody?
SOME area Republicans seem upset about the redistricting of state congressional districts. Good.
SOMEONE said Rush Limbaugh was wrong about something. Rush would not dispute that. He freely admits he's correct only 99.6 percent of the time.
DEER hunting committee member Beverly Weakley is concerned about the potential dangers of hunting, if allowed in the city. I, too, am concerned about that. But hey, I was real concerned when that deer ran into my van on Hopper Road.
‘ETHICAL businessman' is not an oxymoron.
Day of prayer
I am very excited for the day of prayer for Nolan Weber. It is great to see him turning to faith in God and making that his priority for healing.
I would just like to know if anyone from the city in Jackson knows about the really bad cracks in the pavement right in front of Save-A-Lot in Jackson. Right in front of it and right beside it. It's been there for a really long time, and I was wondering if it could get fixed.
IT was exciting to learn that the lady from Scott City won $100,000 and is going to pay a tithe to her church. I hope she will pay a tithe on the gross winnings, not the net after taxes.