- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Southeast baseball Moses selected preseason All-American
Southeast Missouri State senior third baseman Trenton Moses has been named a third team preseason Louisville Slugger All-American by the Collegiate Baseball Newspaper.
Moses, an Advance High School graduate, earned third team Louisville Slugger All-American honors following the 2011 campaign.
Moses, the 2011 Ohio Valley Conference player of the year, was one of two OVC selections to the preseason All-American squad.
Moses batted .395 with 11 home runs, 14 doubles, a triple, 53 RBIs, 44 runs scored, a .672 slugging percentage and .502 on-base percentage last year.
Moses, a starter since his freshman season, ranked second in the OVC in batting average, slugging percentage and on-base percentage. He was fourth in home runs per game and RBIs per game. He was 14th nationally in on-base percentage.
Southeast opens its season Feb. 17 at Dallas Baptist, an NCAA Super Regional qualifier in 2011.
-- From staff report