- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)4
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- The collateral damage of Mizzou's past failures (6/20/18)6
Perry County Chorale Sings at Country Church Tour
The Perry County Lutheran Chorale recently performed during the Christmas Country Church Tour. On Friday, December 16, the Chorale spent the evening at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Altenburg, welcoming visitors with the sounds of the season.
Visitors were invited to request carols and Christmas hymns, and the Chorale supplemented these songs with selections from their recently released CD, "A Perry County Christmas," and from their upcoming fourth annual "After-Christmas Christmas Concert."
The concert will be held on January 8, 2012 at 4 pm at Immanuel Lutheran Church in New Wells. The Chorale, with orchestra accompaniment, will present John Leavitt's cantata "What Child is This?" along with other seasonal favorites.
More information about the Chorale is available at www.lutheransonline.com/pclc or on Facebook.