- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Harold J. Streiler, 76, of Perryville lost his courageous battle with cancer Sunday, Dec. 18, 2011. His wife and children were by his side at his home.
He was born Feb. 17, 1935, in Perry County, Mo., son of Wallace and Esther Sutterer Streiler. He and Matilda Hennemann were married June 9, 1956. She preceded him in death Jan. 15, 1990. He then married Joanne Cissell Rollet on Sept. 27, 1997.
Mr. Streiler was a longtime truck driver, retiring in 1992 from Valley Steel Products in Centralia, Ill. He then continued his passion of trucking at Rollet Brothers in Perryville, and at MBC in McBride, Mo. He was a member of Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church in Sereno, Mo., Sportsman Club, American Legion and Knights of Columbus.
Survivors include his wife. He was the loving father of Kenny (Jan) Streiler and David (Jennifer) Streiler of Perryville, Connie (Skip) Schmitt of Kimmswick, Mo.; loving grandfather of six grandchildren, Matt (Amanda) Schmitt of Herculaneum, Mo., Megan (Jason) Butler of Cape Girardeau, Christopher, Cory and Caleb Streiler of Perryville, and Ben Schmitt of Kimmswick; beloved PawPaw Harry to two great-grandchildren, Makenna and Darrin Schmitt of Herculaneum.
Also loving stepfather of Kim Kapp of Jackson, Paul Rollet and Mark (Cindy) Rollet of Perryville, Melody Rhodes of Millersville, Mary Jo (Ken) Place of Montgomery, Ill.; beloved stepgrandfather of Jason (Staci) Tucker of Arnold, Mo., Samantha and Josh Rollet of Perryville, Kacie and Caleb Kapp of Jackson, Donovan and Allie Place of Montgomery, Alex and Colton Rhodes of Millersville; beloved great-stepgrandfather to Charley and Kaleigh Tucker of Arnold.
He was preceded in death by his parents; first wife; and a sister, Ruth Schremp.
Visitation will be at Young and Sons Funeral Home today from 3 to 9 p.m. today and from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at Young and sons Funeral Home.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church, with the Rev. Bill Rhinehart officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to AmHeart Hospice or Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church.