Fire leaves family homeless in Jackson

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Jackson family is homeless after an electrical fire left their house uninhabitable Saturday night.

Firefighters responded to a house fire on North Bellevue Street around 10:30 p.m. Saturday. The fire was mostly contained to the attic and there was little smoke damage to the rest of the house, Jackson Fire Department assistant chief Randy Davis said. Two bedrooms were damaged by water.

Davis said he was unsure how many people were in the family, but children lived in the house. There were no injuries, Davis said.

The house incurred roughly $10,000 worth of damage and is uninhabitable at this time.

Pertinent address:

North Bellevue Street, Jackson, MO

Map of pertinent addresses

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: