- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Fire leaves family homeless in Jackson
A Jackson family is homeless after an electrical fire left their house uninhabitable Saturday night.
Firefighters responded to a house fire on North Bellevue Street around 10:30 p.m. Saturday. The fire was mostly contained to the attic and there was little smoke damage to the rest of the house, Jackson Fire Department assistant chief Randy Davis said. Two bedrooms were damaged by water.
Davis said he was unsure how many people were in the family, but children lived in the house. There were no injuries, Davis said.
The house incurred roughly $10,000 worth of damage and is uninhabitable at this time.
North Bellevue Street, Jackson, MO