Cape Girardeau hotel evacuated after report of smoke smell

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Cape Girardeau hotel was evacuated Saturday after a fire scare apparently caused by people smoking in a room.

The Cape Girardeau Fire Department was called to the Pear Tree Inn, 3248 William St., after a guest smelled smoke Saturday afternoon, Capt. Vicki Moldenhauer said. Firefighters had the building evacuated while they surveyed the area. Police later took two suspects into custody pending formal charges of possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, according to police reports.

Pertinent address:

3248 William St., Cape Girardeau, MO

Map of pertinent addresses

Comments
Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: