- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Donna Proffer, 82, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Dec. 17, 2011, at Southeast Hospital.
She was born Dec. 29, 1928, in Advance, Mo., to Steve and Mary Jenkins Horn.
She and Frank Proffer were married June 23, 1947, in St. Louis.
Donna and her husband moved to Berkeley, Mo., from Cape Girardeau in 1947 and returned to Cape Girardeau in 1990.
She had been a cashier at Stones Drug in Berkeley.
Survivors include her husband, Frank Proffer of Cape Girardeau; two sons, Steve Proffer of Evansdale, Iowa, and Mike (Nancy) Proffer of Dunkirk, N.Y.; one daughter, Darla (Tom) Hebisen of St. Peters, Mo.; one brother, Franklin Horn of Mississippi; one grandchild, Brian (Jennifer) Price of St. Peters; one great-grandchild, Tyler Price.
She was preceded in death by her parents and one sister, Wanda Litzelfelner.
The funeral will be a private family service.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be given to the American Cancer Society, 106 Farrar Drive, Suite 104, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.