- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cape City Council agenda 12/19/11
401 Independence St.
Study session, 5 p.m. today
Items for discussion
* Planning and Zoning Commission report -- Bill Hinckley
* Appointment to the Board of Examiners
* Agenda review
Meeting, 7 p.m. today
* An ordinance authorizing the acquisition of property for the Broadway Corridor Project between Pacific Street and Water Street. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance amending Chapter 30 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Cape Girardeau by changing the zoning of 340 S. Lorimier St. from C-1 to CBD. Second and third readings.
* A motion to approve the transfer of ownership of the special use permit for the operation of gasoline pumps at 1101 William St. from Phillip T. McClellan to Alam Zahad.
* An ordinance authorizing the mayor to execute a quit-claim deed to Isle of Capri -- Cape Girardeau LLC relinquishing the city's interest in various easement and right-of-way areas. First reading.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Isle of Capri First Addition. First reading.
* An ordinance authorizing the acquisition of additional property for the Wastewater Treatment Plant Project. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Section 30-205(a) of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Cape Girardeau, regarding penalties for violations of the zoning code. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Article IX of Chapter 25 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Cape Girardeau regarding fences. First reading.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Auburn Creek Subdivision. First reading.
* Appointment to the Board of Examiners.
* Appointment to the Cape Girardeau Parks Foundation.