- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Business, residential projects increasing in Sikeston
SIKESTON, Mo. -- The city of Sikeston saw increases in both residential and commercial construction this year as compared with 2010.
Trey Hardy, Sikeston's community redevelopment coordinator, noted there are still two weeks left in the year so it is possible a contractor could come in and bump the figures even higher for 2011 -- but even as they are now, the numbers look good.
This year had about twice as much new home construction as last year.
In 2011, 27 new residential single-family house projects were started with a combined value of $3,188,700. Last year there were 13 with a total value of $1,862,840.